, ,

Yesterday I had to drive to Toronto to meet a CIS consultant from Phoenix who  was working on an auditing job in WP_20140424_001Toronto. Deborah Leary and I work together and she sells my software CIS. Toronto is about a 4-hour drive from my house in Cornwall and it is also close to my parents. I stopped in at the hospital to visit my Dad then to the Residence to visit my Mom.

On the way to Toronto I always stop at GP Bikes for a look-around. This time I found the most comfortable and matching gloves made from Kangaroo Leather and they just had to come home with me.

WP_20140425_001 WP_20140425_002

After leaving GP Bikes I then met with Deborah at 4:00 PM and took her to dinner at the KEG. We finished around 5:45 and after a few goodbyes I headed back east to Cornwall. I expected to be home around 10:00 AM.

On the way I had stopped on for a pit stop at the “en route” at Mallorytown. Mallorytown is a small town in the middle of nowhere. But to my surprise I rolled in and parked next to a Red Abarth. This was the first time I had come close to another Abarth!

WP_20140424_002 WP_20140424_001

The gentleman who owned it had just purchased it and was working on his first 800px-Fiat600500 miles. He had owned a FIAT 600 in 1960s and he said he has spent the last 40 years dreaming about owning a FIAT 500 Abarth. He was from Pennsylvania and I did not catch his name but he was travelling to Quebec for a large family reunion. Like me he was married to a French Quebecois and I too know the feeling of travelling to Quebec for such a reunion. I think she said her family was from Iles-de-la-Madeleine but I am not quite certain.

They were looking for a place to rest before continuing to Quebec so I suggested that if they could drive one more hour that there was a very nice Best Western in Cornwall.

The next morning I decided to put together in an envelope including my Business card, this blog address and a spare Abarth iron on badge and an extra Scorpion Vinyl for his car. I headed out at 6:00 AM to the Best Western but I could not find his car. Either he had left or decided to go to another hotel. I drove down the street a bit to the Comfort Inn and around back in the parking I discovered his little red Abarth. I put the envelope on his windshield under the wiper blades. I hope he will get a chance to read this blog entry and If so, I wish him and his wife the very best in Quebec and happy motoring with his long awaited Abarth.